This Cypress Wool Table was built in the year 1900 by the same builders who built the District Depot Woolshed on the property “Horseshoe Vale” situated out of Rawsonville on the Back Dubbo-Warren Road.
The Wool Table and the shed were built from cypress timber felled and milled on-site. The woolshed and the original pise house both stood on slightly elevated land in a sweeping bend of the Kookaburra Creek- hence the name of the property.
This beautifully crafted tabletop was donated to the Banjo Paterson… more than a Poet’ Exhibition in 2019 after the table had been in constant use for 120 years. The donor, Mr Peter McKinnon, had owned the 2000 odd acres of property for many years taking over from the Hovenden family. Upon leaving the property he could not bear the thought of seeing a beautiful piece of bush carpentry cast aside for a more modern steel round table, so he brought it with him to his retirement farmlet in Dubbo.